From "McDonald, Dan" <Dan.McDon...@austinenergy.com>
Subject Re: Problems with high spam
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:44:23 GMT
On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 14:23 +0000, Luis campo wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I have the problem that many SPAM emails being filtered to the mail
> box users, who might that be?
>
> what would be the problem that keeps coming in much spam our users,
> and that he could do to catch any mail that has no distinction as a
> public issue that is not case sensitive.

Would be helpful to see a sample that is getting through - post on
pastebin.org, not the mailing-list! (just give us the link).

> SpamAssassin 3.2.5 - local.cf
>
> ok_locales all
> skip_rbl_checks 1

You should not disable the rbl checks and expect spamassassin to work
well.

> #Con esto evalua cada  mensaje, se requiere un 5.0 para marcarlo como
> spam
> required_hits 3
> #Que realice reporte de mensaje
> report_safe 0
> #Sobreescriba el subjetc
> rewrite_header Subject ***SPAM***

> # Puede ser cuenta o dominio como whitelist
> whitelist_from  victorlewitus@xxxxxxxxx
> whitelist_from eva@xxxxxxxxxxx
> whitelist_from arcemartino@xxxxxxxxx
> whitelist_from *@es.mcafee.com
> whitelist_from *@mcafee.com
> whitelist_from alpine142@xxxxxxxxx
> whitelist_from *croda.com.br
> whitelist_from *@pcmodasac.com
> whitelist_from *@mmsc.telefonicamovistar.com.pe
> whitelist_from *@ideasclaro.com.pe
> whitelist_from *@surfcontrol.com
> whitelist_from *@inkanatura.com.pe
> whitelist_from *@hanwha.co.kr
> whitelist_from *@innoviafilms.com
> whitelist_from *@fmm.com.pa
> whitelist_from *@cmoviles.net.pe
> whitelist_from *@enerquimica.com

whitelist_from should generally be avoided.  find out if these senders
have published an spf record, or use DKIM signing, then use
whitelist_from_spf or whitelist_from_dkim instead of whitelist_from

You might want to add a tool like clamav with the unofficial signatures
- that is pretty efficient and cleaning out a good quantity of spam.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
www.austinenergy.com