From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject RE: Problems with high spam
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:00:12 GMT
On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, Jose Luis Marin Perez wrote:

> Additionally I noticed that there are emails that should detect as SPAM
> (for example those of 100 points - Advertising) but not filtered.
>
> What more could add or remove the configuration of the SA?

First we need to see why they aren't being scored well.

Collect a small representative set of these (say, five or six) _including_
_all_ _headers_ and publish them on pastebin or on a webserver you have
access to, and post the URLs to the list. We'll take a look at them and
see if thereare any obvious suggestions.

Two more questions:

(1) Are you using any SMTP-time DNSBL checks? You may find using the
spamhaus zen list at SMTP time (if that is possible in your environment)
will greatly reduce your spam volume with minimal problems.

(2) Are you using any third-party SA rulesets, for example from the SARE
repository?

   W-w-w-w-w-where did he learn to n-n-negotiate like that?
  Approximately 8756100 firearms legally purchased in the U.S. this year