From Warren Togami <wtog...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Hostkarma Blacklist Climbing the Charts
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 02:48:53 GMT
On 07/09/2009 09:57 PM, Marc Perkel wrote:
> For what it's worth I'm now ahead of Barracuda on Jeff Makey's blacklist
> comparison chart. Not a scientific comparison but it's about all there
> is to compare blacklists. Now only abuseat.org and spamhaus have me
> beat. (apews doesn't count because they blacklist everything)
>
> http://www.sdsc.edu/~jeff/spam/cbc.html

Hi Marc,

http://wiki.junkemailfilter.com/index.php/Spam_DNS_Lists#How_to_use_the_Lists
Have you considered adding your RCVD_IN_JMF* rules to the sandbox so we
can easily compute some statistics from the weekly net masschecks?

For example...

http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org/20090926-r819101-n/RCVD_IN_PSBL/detail
http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org/20090926-r819101-n/RCVD_IN_PSBL_2WEEKS/detail
http://psbl.surriel.com/

I've been following the weekly masscheck results on PSBL.  The false
positives have helped us to identify problems in PSBL's trap filtering
logic and made it safer to use.  The statistics are looking pretty good
now, so hopefully PSBL will become enabled by default in spamassassin-3.3.0.

Separate question for you:
Would you mind if PSBL used your whitelist and yellowlist to help
exclude false positive IP's?

Warren Togami
wtogami@redhat.com