From Warren Togami <wtog...@redhat.com>
Subject .cn domain age query?
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 17:29:56 GMT
(resend, first attempted about 14 hours ago)

I noticed that many spam (in English) have links like <can't include in
this post because of apache.org's spam filter>.cn where the domains are
not triggering URIBL's.  It seems that they have thousands of
<randomword>.cn domains (very cheap to register?), and I very rarely see
them repeat from one spam to the next.

One thing they all have in common is their registration dates are very
young according to whois lookups.  It seems in general if we had a
reliable way to lookup domain age we might be able to differentiate spam.

Is there any good way to query for the age of a domain?  Unfortunately
it seems whois is too slow and the text format is non-standard.

Warren Togami
wtogami@redhat.com