From Charles Gregory <cgreg...@hwcn.org>
Subject Re: Identifying Source of False Positives
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 17:08:32 GMT
On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, Rich Shepard wrote:
> messages that have not before been seen as spam by SA. Specifically, the
> daily postfix mail log summary report and the daily logwatch report are
> marked at spam;

Well, firstly, examine the mail full headers. There should be an
X-Spam-Status header listing the tests that matched on the e-mail.

At a first guess, I would suspect that your log includes a reference to
a blacklisted URI or e-mail. Given the nature of logs to contain
information of this sort, I would strongly urge you to 'whitelist' the
logs. For that matter, if this is internally generated mail, why are you
running spamassassin at all? Or is this mail being passed via an outside
(untrusted) network to your mailbox?

- C