From D Hill <d.h...@yournetplus.com>
Subject Re: google netblocks records etc
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 13:08:07 GMT
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 at 15:42 +0300, hege@hege.li confabulated:

> On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 02:02:29PM +0200, Benny Pedersen wrote:
>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_Confirmed_reverse_DNS
>>
>> i know this fact, but OP question only based on reverse :/
>
> One should always assume "reverse" means _confirmed_ reverse. I don't know
> why anyone would assume otherwise by default. :) Especially if we are
> talking about serious software like postfix etc.

In Postfix:

   reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname
     Reject the request when the client IP address has no address->name
     mapping.

   reject_unknown_client_hostname
     Reject the request when 1) the client IP address->name mapping fails,
     2) the name->address mapping fails, or 3) the name->address mapping
     does not match the client IP address.

reject_unknown_client_hostname would be what you are calling confirmed
reverse. If I were to use that, support would start getting phone calls
and customers would start getting upset.