From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Re: Discussion side point: levels of Trust
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:22:17 GMT
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, SM wrote:

> At 17:46 11-06-2008, Linda Walsh wrote:
>>      How does one decided on 'trust'?  I.e. I think it would be
>> useful to assign a probability to "Trust" at the least.  I mean do I put
>> my ISP in my trusted server list?   -- suppose they start partnering with
>
> It could be a reputation system where you assign a probability.

Probability of what, exactly?

Bear in mind, "trusted" means "does not forge Received: headers", not
"does not send or relay spam".

   People seem to have this obsession with objects and tools as being
   dangerous in and of themselves, as though a weapon will act of its
   own accord to cause harm. A weapon is just a force multiplier. It's
   *humans* that are (or are not) dangerous.
  6 days until SWMBO's Birthday