From Matthias Leisi <matth...@leisi.net>
Subject Re: HELP!! spamassasssin killing my server
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 16:51:37 GMT

Rob McEwen schrieb:

> http://www.dnsbl.com/2007/05/spamcop-bl-another-look-its-accurate.html
>
> Therefore, when you said, "too many false positives", are you referring
> to FPs from *before* that transformation of SpamCop? Or, are these
> *recent* FPs, spotted after that transformation?

It's twofold:

On my private mailserver, there is some older (definitely pre-2007)
history of FPs (and since then I only use it in SA context there).

On the company mailserver, we take a very conservative approach, and
only Spamhaus SBL+XBL are used at the MTA level. I run a daily report
similar to SAs own masscheck reports; there, I see quite an overlap
between the Spamcop BL rule and eg local whitelisting rules (based on
whitelist_from_rcvd, content-based whitelisting rule and [to a limited
degree] RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE/_LOW rules).

Just to be very clear: I value the Spamcop BL very much, and it is very
effective. However, it has a too high FP rate in my environment in order
to safely use it on the MTA.

I'll see whether I can grab some extract of it tomorrow and post it here.

> (Also, I'm not trying to argue... just trying to learn... and seeking
> clarity!)

Seconded :)

-- Matthias