From Rob McEwen <...@invaluement.com>
Subject Re: HELP!! spamassasssin killing my server
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:20:31 GMT
Matthias Leisi wrote:
> Be careful with using the Spamcop blacklist to reject messages -- while it
> is perfectly fine as a blacklist to use in a scoring scheme such as
> SpamAssassin, I found it to have too many false positives to use it for
> outright blocking.
>
> If you use it for blocking, then you should consider complimenting your
> setup with a whitelist _on the MTA level_.

Matthias,

At some point around spring of 2007, SpamCop made dramatic improvements
with regards to FPs.

Al Iverson details this here:

http://www.dnsbl.com/2007/05/spamcop-bl-another-look-its-accurate.html

Therefore, when you said, "too many false positives", are you referring
to FPs from *before* that transformation of SpamCop? Or, are these
*recent* FPs, spotted after that transformation?

(Also, I'm not trying to argue... just trying to learn... and seeking
clarity!)

Rob McEwen