From mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>
Subject Re: Replies to this list
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 21:27:08 GMT
Joseph Brennan wrote:

> Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote (to someone else):
>
>> And, please, do NOT send me private copies. I do not need nor want them.
>

> I noticed I have to keep editing the To field every time I reply.

so what? I don't know for you, but it takes me more time to write my
body than to edit my recipient list.

> Why doesn't the list insert a Reply-to directing replies to the list?

let's get a deal. we don't ask about your mac, and you don't ask about
our header :) is this fair?

don't start this old battle again...

> It does have a Mail-Followup-To field, a proposal from 1997 that was not
> included in RFC 2822 in 2001, so not surprisingly clients don't know
> they should use it.  If it was "standardized" in the last couple of
> years I expect someone here to educate me  :-)

Every now and then, some new people come and ask why a list doesn't set
the reply-to and/or why it doesn't set a subject prefix. please use your
favourite search engine to learn about the controversy before starting
this old battle again.