From Alex Woick <a...@wombaz.de>
Subject Re: vbounce does not catch qmail bounces
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 12:33:48 GMT
>> Yes I did, and all the other backscatter is detected by vbounce fine:
>> whitelist_bounce_relays lxrouter.wombaz.localnet *.prima.de
>>
>> But now I saw the Message-Id contained my local mail server name from
>> whitelist_bounce_relays:

>> The "lxrouter.wombaz.localnet" can only be generated by my system. It is
>> the intranet name of my mail server. This leads me to the conclusion
>> that qmail doesn't insert a Message-Id

> stop incriminating qmail. the Message-id must be supplied by the MUA. if
> postfix adds a missing message-id, then it's a postfix problem, not a
> qmail problem.

I have no intention of starting a qmail/postfix/whatever flame war. I
was not aware that qmail seems to be a delicate subject for some people.
I simply had a problem with not detecting backscatter.

For the time being, I solved the problem by removing
"lxrouter.wombaz.localnet" from whitelist_bounce_relays.
<something>@prima.de is already always present in my Received: lines,
since I send all of my mail through their smarthost.

Tschau
Alex