From Alex Woick <a...@wombaz.de>
Subject Re: vbounce does not catch qmail bounces
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 17:10:54 GMT
>> Just recently backscatter starts to hit me very bad, and I found out
>> that bounces generated by qmail are not detected by the vbounce
>> plugin. Here is such a backscatter mail:
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/m346c7979
>>
>> Perhaps a phrase like "wasn't able to deliver your message" could be
>> added to the detection. Or very qmail-specific:
>> /qmail-send program .{80,140}This is a permanent error/
>
> it hits (BOUNCE_MESSAGE,  ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE) here (3.2.4).
>

> did you set the whitelist_bounce_relays directive as documented in
>    http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/VBounceRuleset

Yes I did, and all the other backscatter is detected by vbounce fine:
whitelist_bounce_relays lxrouter.wombaz.localnet *.prima.de

But now I saw the Message-Id contained my local mail server name from
whitelist_bounce_relays:

The "lxrouter.wombaz.localnet" can only be generated by my system. It is
the intranet name of my mail server. This leads me to the conclusion
that qmail doesn't insert a Message-Id and the above was added by my MTA
(postfix) - and this prohibits the message from being detected as
backscatter.

Tschau
Alex