From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: HELP!! spamassasssin killing my server
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:48:23 GMT

On 12.06.08 10:16, Matthias Leisi wrote:
> Be careful with using the Spamcop blacklist to reject messages -- while it
> is perfectly fine as a blacklist to use in a scoring scheme such as
> SpamAssassin, I found it to have too many false positives to use it for
> outright blocking.

otoh, SpamCop is probably the most effective in detecting spam outbreaks. It
only lists machines that spammed last 48 hours and it lists them very soon.

according to SpamCop, it's designed to used for temporary rejects (IIRC).
However I think this way people would get much of the spam, only later, when
the machine is not listed (but the spam may still be in the queue), even
without increased score (because the machine is not in the queue).

In such case we only can hope that the spam will be catched by DCC, RAZOR,
PYZOR, URIBL's and some others.

Linux IS user friendly, it's just selective who its friends are...