From Michael Monnerie <michael.monne...@it-management.at>
Subject Re: how to keep updated against german spam?
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:30:23 GMT
On Dienstag, 10. Juni 2008 peter pilsl wrote:
> I run spamassassin 3.2.3 and every few weeks a new wave of german
> SPAM hits our servers that are not detected by spamassassin...
>
> Is there a webpage where I can get new rules? or any channel I can
> subscribe for sa-update?
>
> I also have a question about sa-update and new channels? If I add a
> new channel that provides new rulesets, do I have to add this new
> rules to my local.cf or are they used automatically as if they were
> sa-rules themselfes?

I am the maintainer of the GERMAN ruleset. You can download it in
various ways. From the comment within that ruleset:

# License: Artistic - see http://www.rulesemporium.com/license.txt
# Maintainer: Michael Monnerie (sare-german@zmi.at) from it-management.at
# How to get it:
# SpamAssassin Channel: 70_zmi_german.cf.zmi.sa-update.dostech.net
# Also via RDJ (RulesDuJour) as: ZMI_GERMAN
# RDJ is available at http://www.exit0.us/index.php?pagename=RulesDuJour
# Home: http://sa.zmi.at/rulesets/70_zmi_german.cf
# HOWTO contribute:
# - write and --lint your own rules
# - be sure it hits more than just one spam
# - try to write rules similar to how we write them recently (see the
#   latest body rulesets (the last ones!) to get an example)
# - be sure it actually *is* spam, not just a newsletter from a company
#   who bought your e-mail address from another company (they often don't know...)
# - send your rules to the maintainer (see above) together with the licence
#   (which MUST be "Artistic" for me to include it, or you grant me rights
#    to redistribute it under the "Artistic" licence)

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0660 / 415 65 31                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                   Key-ID: 1C1209B4