From Patrick Ben>
Subject How must user_prefs be stored in LDAP?
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2008 11:06:23 GMT
I would like to read user_prefs from a LDAP server. How to setup the
connection etc. has been documented, but I miss the bit that tells how to
store the configuration.

If my LDAP knowledge doesn't deceive me, then the spamassassin attribute shown
in the README is multi-valued, but this ability is not used.

Instead - as far as I understand it - the whole configuration goes as one big
chunk into the spamassassin attribute.

Following my understanding an example, that adds headers to the mail in any
case and whitelists as well as,
blacklists and gives a score of 10.0 to SUBJ_ILLEGAL_CHARS
looks like this:

  dn: cn=Curley Anderson,ou=MemberGroupB,o=stooges
  spamassassin: add_header all \
          whitelist_from \
          whitelist_from \
          blacklist_from \
          score SUBJ_ILLEGAL_CHARS 10.0

Is my understanding correct? If not, how would it be done?

View raw message