From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Re: query with error message in mail log file
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2008 15:02:43 GMT

On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 02:14 +0100, Jamie Griffin wrote:
> > > The time stamps you see there are when i have booted up my laptop; i do
> > > not get any other SA error logs after this point throughout the session.
> >
> > Are you on wireless? Perhaps the link is not completely up before spamc
> > gets started.
>
> Hi John
>
> Thanks for getting back to me.
>
> I am on wireless as it happens. I checked the boot processes and you're
> right, the wireless connection is one of the last processes so looks
> like that's the problem? I don't suppose there is much i can do about
> that, but is it likely to cause any problems with SA, or can i stop
> sorrying about it?

Well, it's not a fatal problem so whether or not you worry about it is
up to you - you won't be receiving any new mail until the link comes up
anyway, and then spamd _will_ be able to make RBL queries...

Is spamd started before or after the wireless connection? If it's
started before, then you could open a SA bug suggesting that it be
started later.

  Win95: Where do you want to go today?
  Vista: Where will Microsoft allow you to go today?
 10 days until SWMBO's Birthday