From Aaron Bennett <abenn...@clarku.edu>
Subject VBounce ruleset
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 14:45:19 GMT
Hi,

I'm giving some though to deploying the Vbounce ruleset into an existing
SA 3.1.9+Maia Mailguard / 5,000 user email environment.  It makes good
sense; the only thing that seems off is the scoring.  As I see it, none
of the rules score greater then 0.1.  It's hard to see how that's going
to catch much of any spam -- even if BOUNCE_MESSAGE, CRBOUNCE_MESSAGE,
and VBOUNCE_MESSAGE all hit together it wouldn't score more then 0.3.

My question is to people who've been using the rules in a real
production environment -- do you see them working with the default
scores, or have you tweaked them at all?

Best,

Aaron Bennett