From Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolis...@solutti.com.br>
Subject Re: whitelisting webmail application
Date Sat, 03 May 2008 23:55:04 GMT

Nigel Frankcom escreveu:
> On Sat, 03 May 2008 12:51:32 -0300, Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães
> <leolistas@solutti.com.br> wrote:
>

>>    Hello Guys,
>>
>>    im running SA 3.2.4 and, on the same machine, horde/imp as webmail
>> application.
>>
>>    Sometimes, mails sent through imp are getting flagged as SPAM
>> because of RBL checks, for example:
>>
>> Content analysis details:   (8.4 points, 8.0 required)
>>
>> pts rule name              description
>> ---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
>> 0.3 TVD_RCVD_SINGLE        TVD_RCVD_SINGLE
>> 3.0 BOTNET_IPINHOSTNAME    Hostname contains its own IP address
>> [botnet_ipinhosntame,ip=201.67.93.102,rdns=201-67-93-102.gnace704.dsl.brasiltelecom.net.br]
>> 0.0 UNPARSEABLE_RELAY      Informational: message has unparseable relay lines
>> 0.0 HTML_MESSAGE           BODY: HTML included in message
>> 5.0 RCVD_IN_PBL            RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus PBL
>>                            [201.67.93.102 listed in zen.spamhaus.org]
>> 0.1 RDNS_NONE              Delivered to trusted network by a host with no rDNS
>>

>> Content analysis details:   (11.7 points, 8.0 required)
>>
>> pts rule name              description
>> ---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
>> 5.0 RCVD_IN_PBL            RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus PBL
>>                            [201.11.150.2 listed in zen.spamhaus.org]
>> 5.0 RCVD_IN_XBL            RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus XBL
>>

> Before you worry about whitelisting your own stuff, the Spamhaus
> listing would need to be resolved.
>
> If you are on a static IP you might ask your isp to supply an rdns
> entry and then attempt to get things resolved with Spamhaus.
>
> If you do both of those you will probably not hit either of the issues
> you show above (and below).

    Hi Nigel,

    I think you got it wrong .... this 201.11.150.2 is my customer,
which really is in a DSL dynamic ip address line. This is NOT my mail
server. My mail server is on a static ip address which has no problem at
all with RBLs.

    The problem is, as reported, that messages sent through webmail are
getting RBL checked and maybe, sometimes, my customers can be on some
RBL-listed IP address. Even on those cases, i would like webmail-sent
messages to not trigger RBL checks, so my questions on what would be the
best/correct way of whitelisting it.

    Anyway, thanks for your reply and have a nice weekend !

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes@solutti.com.br