From Arvid Ephraim Picciani <...@ibcsolutions.de>
Subject Re: How do I Test SpamAssassin
Date Sun, 11 May 2008 09:32:23 GMT
On Sunday 11 May 2008 09:13:28 Marc Ferguson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I looked on the wiki to see how do I test my installation of
> spamassassin.  I'm confused because it's not really giving me a method
> that works right out-of-the-box.  It looks like the preferred method is
> The GTUBE.  Based on that page it looks like I would use an external
> mail client, such as Gmail, Yahoo, or anything else besides my local
> desktop email client - and send mail to myself making sure a specific
> 68-byte string is in the body of the email.
>
> My results have been that Gmail won't send it because their spam filter
> recognizes it.  I've tried Yahoo and they did the same thing.  I'm a
> regular user and I'm trying to apply this to my evolution application.
> Thanks for any clarification.
>
> Marc F.

just use spamc and feed a message manually, unless you want to test your MTA,
in which case you need to check the manual of your mta.
You can as well just send a message to yourself using telnet from your home
computer. a properly setup spamfilter will match XBL, no matter the content
of your message.
--
best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Arvid Ephraim Picciani