From Dave Funk <dbf...@engineering.uiowa.edu>
Subject Re: autolearn=failed
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 06:22:15 GMT
On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Raquel wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:34:49 -0500 (CDT)
> David B Funk <dbfunk@engineering.uiowa.edu> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, Raquel wrote:

[snip..]
>>> My local.cf says:
>>>     bayes_auto_learn 1
>>>     use_bayes_rules 1
>>>     bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam 0.1
>>>     bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 10
>>
>> As you want a site-wide Bayes, you also need the "bayes_path"
>> parameter. What setting do you have for "bayes_path" (note it
>> isn't a simple directory name).
>>
> bayes_path /usr/spamassassin/bayes
> bayes_file_mode 0777

OK, is the directory "/usr/spamassassin" writable by the user-ID that
you are running spamd as? What happens if you do a:
    chmod 1777 /usr/spamassassin

and then retest?

Strong suggestion, do -not- put your bayes stuff into a directory
that contains other SA components. Best to have a directory in your "/var"
partition just for the bayes stuff.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>