From Dave Addey <listma...@dsl.pipex.com>
Subject SpamAssassin 3.1.9 not catching any emails
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 14:48:17 GMT
Hi all,

As part of an ³Ensim² (Linux control panel) installation, I¹m running the
Ensim-provided install of SpamAssassin 3.1.9.  Unfortunately, I¹m finding
that no emails are being caught as spam.  Whilst I¹m sure that Ensim is
doing some non-standard stufff around SpamAssassin, I¹m wondering if anyone
can help me (as a relative newbie to SpamAssassin) to debug what may be
causing the problem.

I'm pretty sure that SpamAssassin is set up correctly. However, every single
spam message seems to be getting through (assuming it is even being
checked).  All emails have a header of "X-Spam-Status: No, No" - which I
assume means that SpamAssassin is checking the messages, and passing them
all regardless of their spam-ness?

I really don't know where to start in debugging this. spamd is definitely
running. I've run sa-update. I've sent myself an email with the GTUBE string
in it, as described in
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TestingInstallation , and it also came
through with the same header as above. I have "Enable tests that connect to
remote servers" enabled in Ensim's "Spam Filter Configuration" settings, but
disabling it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Can anyone suggest some things I could investigate to find out where the
problem may lie?

Many thanks in advance,

- maurj.