From "Fran├žois Rousseau" <francois.rousseau.t...@gmail.com>
Subject How to analyze scan time
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 04:26:18 GMT
Hello,

I have recently change my SA server for another really similar server
but many software version have change between the 2 servers (include
SA 3.1.7 --> 3.2.3)

My old server scan the messages much faster (around 3-4 seconds vs
7.5-10 seconds).

This is not a critical issue for me because I'm still under the limit
of my server but I'm curious to know why it take longer to scan and
what part of my scan take longer.  Of course, I also want to find a
way to optimize my scan process.

What I search it's a way to know, for exemple, that my clamav scan
have take 2 seconds, the rules processing have take X seconds, the X
module have take X seconds, ...

Any idea?

-------
SA 3.2.3 from source