From "Rajkumar S" <>
Subject Authenticated SMTP and RBLs
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 07:29:19 GMT

I manage 2 smtp servers, one for outgoing and uses smtp
authentication. Other incoming and scans mail using SA. Our users some
times send mails from dialup ips which are black listed, but the mails
always come via our authenticated smtp server.

Now when one of the customers send a mail to our incoming server from
a blacklisted ip, via authenticated smtp, it gets rejected by SA,
because of black listed. SA logs show

The first Received:  line in the offending mails show

from unknown (HELO []) ([])
(envelope-sender <>) by (qmail-ldap-1.03)
with AES256-SHA encrypted SMTP for <>; 12 Sep 2007
07:04:37 -0000

My question is how can our dialup users send mails when they are from
a blacklisted IPs.

View raw message