From Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bai...@BUC.com>
Subject RE: SA user users whitelist @ SMTP time
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:49:33 GMT
Paul Griffith wrote:
> Greetings SA users,
>
> I have a question that many of you have had to deal with. In our
> setup we use Exim to call SA. Here is the issue, we reject anything
> over a score
> 5.0. If a user that is in my whitelist sends a spammy e-mail with a
> score over 5.0, the mail is rejected.
>

> i.e
>
> This is what happens now.
>
> spammy e-mail -> MTA -> spamd (score > 5.0) - mail rejected
> spammy e-mail -> MTA -> spamd (score < 5.0) - accept mail and check
> user prefs
>
> Can SA be setup to check the user whitelist before it assigns the
> final score ? Maybe this question is more for the exim list ?

It sounds like you are using Exim's whitelist.  If this is the case, you
will need to modify Exim to avoid spam checking messages that are in the
whitelist (or at least prevent it from rejecting them based on the
score).

You don't have this problem if you use SA's whitelists.  They simply
subtract 100 from the score if the user is in the whitelist.

--
Bowie