From Bill Landry <b...@inetmsg.com>
Subject Re: is spamassassin using both processors?
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 20:32:02 GMT
Tim Litwiller wrote:
> We are running spamassassin on a Dual processor P4 Dell.
>
> How can I make sure that spamassassin is using both processors.  Top is
> showing spamd using between 39% and 89% of the processor constantly.
> there are times during the day when we are processing 1800+ email per
> hour after RBLs strip off 70% of the cruft.
>
> what are some tuning tips?  I don't really want to get rid of the rules
> I am using we are very happy with the filtering results we are getting.
>
> I just want to make sure the hardware we have is doing it's best before
> we look into going bigger or splitting the load.

When running "top", press 1 to show an expanded list of all processors rather
than the default consolidated view.  If that still only shows one processor,
then maybe when the server was built it did not have 2 processors?  If that's
the case, then you will need to install the SMP kernel for your distro.

Bill