From Anthony Peacock <a.peac...@chime.ucl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Which rules are used
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 14:09:32 GMT
Hi Claudia,

The easiest way to see what rules are hitting a particular message is to
save the message (including _ALL_ headers) into a text file and then to
pass it to SpamAssassin in test mode:

spamassassin --test-mode < email.txt

This will produce a report of the rules that are hitting the message.

If you want more information use the debug option:

spamassassin --debug --test-mode < email.txt

If you would like people here to let you know which rules these emails
hit on their systems, place the email text file somewhere on the web, so
that we can download it and run it through our systems.

PS make sure you are running the above commands as the same user that
spamassassin usually runs as.

--
Anthony Peacock
"A CAT scan should take less time than a PET scan.  For a CAT scan,