From Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <>
Subject whitelist_from question
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2007 16:33:28 GMT

    Hello Guys,

    From perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf i have:

Use of this setting is not recommended ......

The headers checked for whitelist addresses are as follows: if
"Resent-From" is set, use that; otherwise check all addresses taken from
the following set of headers:

    Would it be possible to make some changes and having whitelist_from
to NOT consider the From header ??? I would like to have it evaluating
ONLY the Return-Path (which i mean is the same asEnvelope-Sender) header.

    Is this configuration possible ? I know some will said these
addresses are easily forged .... yes, i know. But i already have some
postfix rules that doesnt permit my addresses to be forged on ENVELOPE
headers. Forged addresses are only being seen on From header, not on
Return-Path ones. So, if i can change whitelist_from behavior, that
would be very useful to my case here.

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues
	Solutti Tecnologia