From Crocomoth <...@algs.net>
Subject Re: Suggestion to developers
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:53:55 GMT

Matt Kettler-3 wrote:

> SA 3.2.x already does this, you just need to know how. Read the docs on
> the shortcircuit plugin, and the "priority" option for rules:
>
> Shortcircuit allows you to define when to "bail out"
> http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.2.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_Shortcircuit.html

Thank you for very useful information.
This method and plug-in could really make checking faster.
But, I have to say:
1. Using this method, admin must understand that the fate of every message
(for all users) will depend from the single rule. In some cases, this looks
like not enough, especially when the system is used by multiple users with
quite different desired average message content. So, bayes may generate
false positives, in default configuration.
2. I suspect that not every admin could be smart enough or have enough time
to develop his own rulesets with shortcircuit involved to get really good
and reliable results. But, he could be able to turn some option in config
file and restart SA.
3. Method proposed by me is not mutually exclusive with shortcircuit. They
could work together.

Thanks.