From Crocomoth <...@algs.net>
Subject Suggestion to developers
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:42:26 GMT

SpamAssassin is a really great product.
But, it is perl-based and checks every message with a lot of (all) rules (,
always!).
Volume of spam is constantly increasing, as well as CPU and memory load that
SA creates on servers.
As a SA user, I would be happy to have the following possibility in the next
version:
1. Add an option which will allow to limit number of rules run against every
message. I.e., if the limit of spam points is reached to required_score,
stop further checking and process the message as a spam.
I think, not all users really interested in gathering all statistics about
all spam messages.
2. According to (1), it makes sense to sort all rules from lightweight to
heavyweight (including ones which require internet queries) and make
checking in this order.

This could allow to lower SA footprint.
Thanks.