From Evan Platt <e...@espphotography.com>
Subject Re: Score ends up below fixed value?
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 22:49:25 GMT
At 02:44 PM 12/1/2006, you wrote:
>I've got a simple rule that checks for "favorite financial
>institution site" in the message body. I've assigned that rule a
>default score of 10.0, however when the message arrives in my spam
>trap, the SA score is 7.5, high enough to get it into the spam trap,
>but clearly below 10.0.
>
>What's up with that? Is the spammer (y'all know who they are) clever
>enough to write a message that earns negative points? Just wondering
>... thanks!

What do the SA headers say?

Should look like

  pts rule name              description
  0.3 SARE_SUB_SEXY          subject has likely spammer phrase or word
  1.7 SARE_ADLTSUB2          Contains possible adult words
  1.3 RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO      Received: contains an IP address used for HELO
  0.9 FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD      'From' yahoo.com does not match 'Received' headers
  0.1 TW_ZZ                  BODY: Odd Letter Triples with ZZ
  1.0 SARE_ADULT2            BODY: Contains adult material
  0.9 SARE_ADULT1            BODY: Contains adult material
  0.8 INFO_TLD               URI: Contains an URL in the INFO top-level domain
  1.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100 Razor2 gives engine 8 confidence level
                             above 50%
                             [cf: 100]
  0.5 RAZOR2_CHECK           Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)
  0.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 Razor2 gives confidence level above 50%
                             [cf: 100]