From "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <d...@prime.gushi.org>
Subject Re: Spamd keeps getting hung up!
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 04:44:52 GMT
On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Theo Van Dinter wrote:

>> match (m//) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Mail/S
>> pamAssassin/Conf/Parser.pm line 547, <GEN2284> line 2.
>
>      $set_score = -$set_score if ( $conf->{tflags}->{$k} =~ /\bnice\b/ );
>
> $conf->{tflags}->{$k} is undefined, which shouldn't be possible with the
> standard code (tflags are set to '' whenever a test is added).

So what should I do about it?  Apply the line above?

>> No firewall at all, and those processes hit (as in, generate scores) most
>> of the time.  I'm under the impression if they were going to be killed by
>> a firewall config, it would be a very all or nothing type thing.
>
> Sure.  If it's intermittant, and not a local system issue, it could just be
> timeouts on the Internet connect, at the remote end, etc.

Which I guess begs the question -- is there a way to get more verbose
logging from those three services?  Either related to connection times on
average, or at least spewing timeout/connect failures in the log.

Usualy on nights I'm having connectivity issues, other "odd" things
happen.  IRC connections bounce.  My IM connection (which runs from the
server) hangs up, and of course, people complain.

I'm not saying this is NOT it, but I haven't noticed a correlation between
SA hangups and this.

--

"You're a daddy.  I'm a mommy.  She's our baby.  Deal with it."

-Cali, 11/7/02, about 1:35 AM