From "Gary W. Smith" <g...@primeexalia.com>
Subject RE: HUGE bayes DB (non-sitewide) advice?
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 16:59:53 GMT
Not sure, that's just what phpmyadmin is reporting.  I'll check again.
I can't remember if the DB is in double byte or not.  One of my guys
tweaked it for some other little databases on the same box.

-----Original Message-----
From: email builder [mailto:emailbuilder88@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 1:54 AM
To: Gary W. Smith; users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: RE: HUGE bayes DB (non-sitewide) advice?

>> > Our production database for a large number of emails (but using
site
>> > wide) is about 40mb.
>>
>> What is your bayes_expiry_max_db_size set to?  Do you feel that it
has
>> been
>> enough to effectively capture your various user email habits?
>
> Default.

How can you be running the default value, when the manual says that
150000
tokens is only 8MB??  How do you end up with 40MB of data?:

bayes_expiry_max_db_size (default: 150000)
    What should be the maximum size of the Bayes tokens database? When
expiry
occurs, the Bayes system will keep either 75% of the maximum value, or
100,000 tokens, whichever has a larger value. 150,000 tokens is roughly
equivalent to a 8Mb database file.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs