From Matthew Newton <m...@leicester.ac.uk>
Subject Hotmail message scored high: bug?
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:00:11 GMT
Hi,

I have been asked why this message got such a "high" score. It seems to
mainly be because of the

	3.9 FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK     Forged mail pretending to be from MS Outlook

rule. On first inspection I thought that the message was forged (see the
phx.gbl domain), but after creating a test hotmail account myself,
messages I send from that have this strange domain, too.

My guess is that the message was sent using Outlook Express directly to
Hotmail (I think this can be done if you pay for your hotmail account?).
This would explain the Outlook headers while the mail actually came from
hotmail.

Have tried to obfuscate minimal details to hide original sender (data
protection and all that), but apart from that all headers as supplied to
me are below.

Any ideas? Is this a bug in SA?

Thanks,

Matthew