From Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clues needed on rule update process
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2018 13:36:39 GMT
On 03/17/2018 02:47 AM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>   On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 7:58 PM, Bill Cole <billcole@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I am seeking enlightenment:
>>

> OOOOOooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  First you must cut down the largest tree
> in the forest with a herring.
>

>> 1. Which of trunk/build/mkupdates/{mkupdate-with-scores,run_nightly,update-rules-3.3}
>> is actually relevant in the present.
>>

> Wow, Dave you have really cleaned things up!  Below is the automc crontab
> file which is so much cleaner than the way I used creating entries in
> crontab and various run-part directories.
>
> My first culprit to work on would be run_nightly from trunk,
>
> MAILTO=sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org
> #
> # Apache HTTPd is served from this area
> 4 * * * * automc svn update ~/svn/masses > /dev/null
> #
> 24 2 * * * automc svn update ~/svn/trunk/build > /dev/null
> 25 2 * * * automc ~/svn/trunk/build/mkupdates/do-stable-update-with-scores
> force | /usr/bin/tee
> /usr/local/spamassassin/automc/tmp/do-stable-update-with-scores.log
> #
> 29 8 * * *  automc svn update ~/svn/trunk/build/mkupdates > /dev/null
> 30 8 * * *  automc ~/svn/trunk/build/mkupdates/run_nightly | /usr/bin/tee
> /var/www/automc.spamassassin.org/mkupdates/mkupdates.txt
> #
> 33 8 * * *   automc svn update ~/svn/nitemc > /dev/null
> 34 8 * * 0-5 automc ~/svn/nitemc/corpora_runs >>
> ~/rsync/corpus/nightly-versions.txt
> 36 8 * * 0-5 automc ~/svn/nitemc/extract_to_rsync_dir nightly
> ~/rsync/corpus/nightly-versions.txt > /tmp/last_nitemc_extract_nightly.log
> 2>&1
> 34 8 * * 6   automc ~/svn/nitemc/corpora_runs >>
> ~/rsync/corpus/weekly-versions.txt
> 36 8 * * 6   automc ~/svn/nitemc/extract_to_rsync_dir weekly
> ~/rsync/corpus/weekly-versions.txt > /tmp/last_nitemc_extract_weekly.log
> 2>&1
> #
> 5 0-7,9-23 * * * automc . /etc/profile; /usr/local/bin/runRuleQArefresh.sh
>> /dev/null
>

>> 2. To add SHA256 generation, is it enough that I commit the code to the
>> right script(s) or do I need to log into sa-vm1 and make changes?
>>
> Committing the code is enough but I would defer to Dave Jones because I
> don't want to upset his apple cart and I consider the rules gen his baby.

As you can see from the cron entries above, I tried to make it so that
all it took was to commit to trunk and sa-vm1 would pull down the
changes just before it ran the nightly scripts.

Testing changes is a little difficult since you have to wait until the
next run or run them from the box in a screen session since they can
take 40+ minutes to run.