From Joe Muller <joe.mul...@sonic.com>
Subject Re: Notes about Trap - Re: colo/incoming.spamassassin.org server
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2018 01:34:28 GMT
On 01/17/2018 08:13 AM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> 2 - [Joe, can you help?] Find out what Sonic is trapping and where
> they are sending it.

   Our setup was/is as follows:
- a server running qsmtpd and a customized version of sendmail is at
mailin.sonic.net (157.131.0.10)
- the messages that hit our spam traps are delivered to this host
- a subset of messages are placed in a maildir-format mailbox, which is
archived into a tarball nightly (filename includes timestamp)
- the resulting tarball is SCP'ed to
scpsonic@trap-proc.spamassassin.org:spam.[TIMESTAMP].tar

   Please let me know where you'd like the trapped mail to be copied to
and how it should be transferred.

> So Joe can you do the following:
>
> - Please deprecate the old colo box.  Thank you for hosting and
> providing it on behalf of the project!

   I've kicked off a turn-down of the old server at 76.191.162.2. I'm
glad we got you guys upgraded to newer, faster hardware!

> - the ASF would like to recognize Sonic as a sponsor.  Any update on
> the paperwork?  If paperwork is an issue, I can grandfather you
> without it.

   If we can just be grandfathered in, that's preferable. I'll run the
paperwork up the chain here so we can be official. :)

> - How's our bandwidth usage look to Sonic.  Should we bump it up/down?

   At the moment, you're provisioned for a full 100Mbps symmetric. I've
attached a screenshot of the bandwidth graph for this month. Peak
utilization (5min sampling) is 11.6Mbps, with a total of about 450GB
moved over the wire to date. Your current uplink is served from a Cisco
3600-series switch, so traffic policing is simply 10 or 100Mbps (aka
line-rate).

   The latest bandwidth report and remote outlet control can be accessed
at https://members.sonic.net/colo-tools/. (At the moment, you'll need to
use the 'apachesf' login.)

   Let me know if I missed anything!

-- Joe Muller