From Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cPanel mirror additions
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2017 16:09:06 GMT
On 11/25/2017 04:59 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> Dave, in talks with cPanel a few weeks they also offered help using
> their 40+ mirrors worldwide.  We should open a ticket and think about
> how we can use shorted-path or geolocated algorithms coupled with
> weighting to maximize the mirrors.  Thoughts?
>
> Regards,
> KAM

If you want me to open the ticket with cPanel, send me the contact info
or copy me on an "introduction" email for a hand off to me.

On a related note, I enhanced the mirror check script yesterday to
individually test each mirror when there are multiple DNS A records for
a mirror's hostname.  For example, I have 2 A records behind
http://sa-update.ena.com but the mirror check script has only been
checking one of them until yesterday.  With the potential addition of
cPanel's many mirrors, this new logic is not just nice but necessary.

Dave