From Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NOTE: Warning to Abusers of Update Servers
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2017 21:34:07 GMT
On 11/27/2017 02:19 PM, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>> Kevin A. McGrail <kevin.mcgrail@mcgrail.com> kirjoitti 27.11.2017 kello 14.22:
>>
>> On 11/27/2017 12:06 AM, Dave Warren wrote:
>>> I’m not currently behind CloudFlare, but I already wrote code to purge their
cache whenever mirrored content is rsync’d in case I do move anything under CloudFlare in
the future, or use any other CDN. I’m automating a couple mirrors to flip to CloudFlare
when there is a spike, but I have not enabled this code for SpamAssassin.

>>> Are there cases where any files are updated other than the MIRROR* files? Or
does this mirror only add files? Basically I’m wondering if I should dump the entire cache
or just these specific files?
>> Because the items are release artifacts, they are never altered or removed, just
added.

>> If you can have a < 10 min cache on these files, that would be fine
>>
>> GPG.KEY
>> index.html
>> MIRROR.CHECK
>> MIRRORED.BY
>> robots.txt
>>

>> Regards,
>> KAM
> I would be a poor SysAdmin :( the second mirror I added was not properly configured…
Now it is, but of course I seem to be commented out because of this.

> br. jarif

It's live again.  My bandwidth usage has dropped from about 65 GB a day
to about 42 GB yesterday.  All of these new mirrors are helping out a lot.