From "Kevin A. McGrail" <kevin.mcgr...@mcgrail.com>
Subject Re: spamassassin.org
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2017 17:56:16 GMT
On 11/9/2017 12:06 PM, Greg Stein wrote:

> The short answer is: the PMC is in charge. Not a problem. My concern
> is the reliance on an informal arrangement with 3rd parties that
> underlies the SA operations. I've shared that concern, and am now
> satisfied :-)

Perfectly valid concern that I share as well.  I am considering the DNS
settled from my perspective but with let you and the PMC and Chair
decide for sure.

More data:

#1 Sonic is slated to be recognized as a bronze directed sponsor* and we
have our first sponsor (silver) signing using the new sponsor agreement
I drafted.  I've been talking to Sonic for a few months now and making
it not informal for the same concern.

#2 ENA & PCCC likely should get on that bandwagon as well though I will
recuse myself on the PCCC discussion.  And I'm not concerned about my
firm so I'll get that ducked in a row.

#3 Namecheap's relatively high TTL's and lack of support for things like
rbldnsd don't make it a suitable candidate to be involved in the DNS for
the SA project in any foreseeable future. I'd be comfortable saying 2+
years.

Regards,

KAM

*Draft of the new sponsor thanks page.  It's a WIP:
http://www.staging.apache.org/foundation/thanks2.html