From Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Re: Ready for the Hidden Master to be Polled
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 22:18:06 GMT

On 05/03/2017 06:19 AM, Dave Jones wrote:

> On 05/02/2017 09:22 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

>>> They were tests.
>> Thought: Open up transfer from 69.171.29.37 and I'll test if I can
>> pull the zone.
>>
>> Is there anything you can see wrong with that record?  It's looking
>> like dealing with TCP v UDP and EDNS.  DJB can be very pedantic about
>> RFCs and I'm worried we are going to have a compatibility issue.  The
>> good news is that I think this is the SAME issue we were seeing before
>> the crash so it's likely not going to be PowerDNS (hopefully).
>
> 69.171.29.37 has been allowed to do zone transfers for your testing.
>
> This should not be a PowerDNS issue since the sonic.net DNS servers are
> working fine.
>
> If we need to find a replacement DNS server, I should be able to get
> permission to use my ns2.ena.com from my day job.  It will support
> NOTIFY for instant updates and not have this problem.  It's currently
> slaving for about 200 zones to various flavors of DNS masters plus it's
> a master for about 2,000 zones.
>
> Dave

I have setup my ns2.ena.com as a slave to the hidden master for testing.
Slaving is working perfectly.  It's not published in the
spamassassin.org NS records yet on the hidden master.  If we want to add
it to the DNS hosting, I will work on getting proper permission then we
can update the NS record on the hidden master and at the registrar.

Dave