From Bryan Vest <murli...@gmail.com>
Subject My stumbles on-boarding
Date Mon, 15 May 2017 13:30:22 GMT
When I took the Unix Admin position where I work now it sort of went like
this.

They gave me a workstation, direct root access to all servers and routers
in the network and more or less said have at it and thats what I have been
doing for the last 13 years with a few bumps along the way.

This created a shell around me that I am trying to break, almost an anxiety
shell of leaving my always root home. Always dealing with the same people
and so on.

Breaking into OpenSource to help with the skills that I have seemed to be
the best way to break that shell. Though I feel at this point I am becoming
more of a burden than a help since I have yet do do anything though between
everyone else at least half of the system seems to be up.

Does anyone see anything else that I am missing in my on-boarding steps.

Mobile:419-305-9232

--Bryan Vest