From Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions about build/mkupdates/run_part2
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 00:46:46 GMT
On 05/30/2017 06:17 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> Bringing this back to sysadmins list:
>
> On 5/30/2017 5:04 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
>> Is there a way I can force sa-update to download a certain version
>> ignoring the TXT record so I can verify that a recent tar.gz file is
>> good?
> No, but since you have access to the files, you could put the 3 files
> for a rule update in a dir and run off the local copy of the files.  For
> example:
>
> sa-update -D -v --install=/tmp/1/1786853.tar.gz

I did this on my automasscheck server that is a full mail server
receiving spam and it's working fine/normal with the latest ruleqa build.

I have a slight concern after doing a diff on the two directories that
are the before (old) and after finding some differences in files:

Only in old/: 72_scores.cf
Only in old/: languages
Only in old/: MIRRORED.BY
Only in old/: sa-update-pubkey.txt
Only in old/: STATISTICS-set0-72_scores.cf.txt
Only in old/: STATISTICS-set1-72_scores.cf.txt
Only in old/: STATISTICS-set2-72_scores.cf.txt
Only in old/: STATISTICS-set3-72_scores.cf.txt
Only in old/: user_prefs.template

See attached full diff output.

Dave

>> Currently I have DNS updates disabled by creating a
>> /usr/local/bin/updateDNS.disabled file as a way to hold back and DNS
>> changes.  Once I get the thumbs up, we just need to delete that file
>> and DNS changes will start happening again for the auto masscheck
>> processing nightly that should be ready to go.
>
> I compared 1796841.tar.gz (a recent one) to 1786855.tar.gz (the last
> before the server went down) and overall it looks gtg.
>
> What are your thoughts on posting on dev@ and ask for some community input.

I am all for asking for help.  I didn't know that I could ask the dev@
list for stuff like this so that's good to know.