spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. McGrail" <KMcGr...@PCCC.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Scoring of Mailspike
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 22:24:04 GMT
On 12/12/2011 4:56 PM, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Warren Togami Jr.<wtogami@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> * Was setting these scores manually your response to my concerns about
>> "reuse" and the difficulties we will face in GA rescoring?  I might
>> even agree with this solution, although I believe it can be refined
>> with further discussion.
> Such high static scores don't leave much room for the GA rescoring to
> balance the other DNSBL scores.  We would have have better
> statistics-driven results if we let Mailspike's rules float, do GA
> rescoring, manually adjust the results, then compare the before and
> after fp-fn ratios to be sure it is sane.
My experience with other RBLs has shown that masscheck is too
conservative with them but I welcome stastistic driven scoring.
However, my scores are based on real-world implementations with those
scores in testing since at least July.

What I don't want, however, is paralysis waiting for other things to
drive the inclusion.  3.4.0 is the time to consider the inclusion of
MAILSPIKE.  Refining the scores from there can be done at anytime.

Can you propose changes to the static scoring based on your expertise
now that moves MAILSPIKE to inclusion and then open a new ticket to
refine the scores and scoring system perhaps?

Regards,
KAM