spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Bounded "tflags multiple"
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 05:16:52 GMT
Hey everybody.

I noticed that one of my "tflags multiple" subrules was running rather
longer than I'd like on one of my spamples - it was getting >1200 matches!
This particular subrule is used in a meta that hits if more than ten
matches are found, so any processing past the eleventh match is a waste of
effort.

I'm making some promising changes to the compiled rule matching code in
Check.pm (I can hear Michael's hands start to sweat...) - the time for
processing that rule on that spample went from .79s to .0075s, so I think
this is worth pursuing.

But there's something I can't figure out (or, at least, haven't yet, and
it's bedtime). Not all the rules in my sandbox are appearing in the
compiled rule procs, so my changes to that code aren't working for all
rules.

I haven't poked around much to figure this out yet, but if someone knows
the answer, could they outline what determines whether or not a given rule
gets submitted to the compiled-rule-matching process?

Thanks!

   Of the twenty-two civilizations that have appeared in history,
   nineteen of them collapsed when they reached the moral state the
   United States is in now.                          -- Arnold Toynbee
  227 days since the first successful private orbital launch (SpaceX)