spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Lemke <le...@jam-software.com>
Subject Re: SpamAssassin protocol examples
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 14:37:41 GMT

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> Sorry, I read your post but didn't have a definitive answer.  I agreed
> with your logic but haven't looked at the code to see if you are
> correct.  That code is about a decade old and is in my category of "just
> works".  Have you tried a debug with the C-based spamd to see what it
> sends?

I've debugged the spamd script and it definitely receives other header
information for the given examples:
When reporting a spam message the SET header contains the value
‘local,remote’ and not ‘local,remove’ like mentioned in the example.
The curious thing about this is that Justin did ‘correct’ it from remote to
remove some time ago, not sure what this was for:
http://svn-master.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=528556

There are two issues with the revoke example as well:
The message-class is ham instead of spam, so the set: local also makes sense
again as the message will be learned as ham in the same step.
Besides this, the remove header contains the correct value ‘remote’ and not
‘remove’, so same issue as with the report example (copy/paste?)

I’ve opened a bug and set Justin to the cc list.

Daniel