spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From "Warren Togami Jr." <>
Subject Re: Count of uridnsbl skip list domains?
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 22:41:29 GMT
2011/1/5 Karsten Br├Ąckelmann <>

> > Would anyone object to expanding the current list of 200 skip domains
> > to maybe 500?  I suspect this will only benefit us to avoid many
> > useless queries.
> I would prefer to base the number of domains on DNS query stats, and
> where a cut-off actually might make sense, rather than an arbitrary,
> fixed number.
I would agree, except given that we've had a hardcoded 200 list for so long,
their DNS query stats are skewed significantly away from our existing 200
common list.

SURBL has now given a script to all their DNS servers to parse their logs
and find their next most common whitelisted hits.  We can then decide what
to do with it after they provide the new list.

View raw message