spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. McGrail" <KMcGr...@PCCC.com>
Subject Re: Count of uridnsbl skip list domains?
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 23:14:32 GMT

>> What are you referring to specifically?
>
> follow the changes in the plugin.
My $0.02 is the list already exists so making it more accurate is the
best course of action.  The list shouldn't be astronomical but I doubt
that 200 vs 500 is a huge memory footprint.  Perhaps 10 kilobytes?

If you want the ability NOT to use the list, i.e. override the list and
that functionality doesn't exist, then a ticket for that needs to be
open (it might be) but that shouldn't be a blocker.

> These queries are *not* at all useless. Query counts are used for
> statistics and reputation.
Not if they hit caches...  As a public nameserver for a number of BL and
based on my experience listening to David F Skoll who authors
MimeDefang, DNS queries are a big bottle neck for SA and reducing them
is good when it can be done IMO.

regards,
KAM