spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From Karsten Br├Ąckelmann <guent...@rudersport.de>
Subject Re: Questions about translating rules descriptions
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 00:49:12 GMT
On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 01:45 -0200, Pedro Padron wrote:

> > > Descriptions for rules from plugins should also be enclosed with
> > > ifplugin just like the definitions?
> >
> > Looking at the other 30_text_*.cf translations, I'd guess yes.
>
> It looks like it really doesn't matter, because some translations use
> "ifplugin" and others don't. Just as an example: the rules that
> require the Bayes plugin are defined correctly inside an
> ifplugin/endplugin mark, but their translations in the other files are
> not. Since it doesn't seem to be of any harm, can I be lazy and go
> without them?

Oh, OK then -- guess so, the other one. ;)

> In my git repo I'm working with translations of 72_active.cf in a
> different file. This way you can get only the relevant file
> (30_text_pt_br.cf). If we ever decide to include them, I'll merge them
> into one single file. However, I don't think there would be any
> problem including those. Even if some of the translated rules are not
> defined, SpamAssassin doesn't complain.

Ah, this answers most of the previous questions. :)  See, I'm a lazy
bastard, interested in rules, not names. When I'm hacking on rules, a
description is the least of my problems. I just don't get in a situation
with excess descriptions. But that confirms what I believed would be the
case -- no complaints about missing rules.

> > +1 to eventually replace the existing pt_br translation with a clean and
> > more complete one. That means your contribution. :)
>
> Well, I just finished all translations, and here's the end result:
> https://github.com/w3p/spamassassin-pt-br/blob/master/30_text_pt_br.cf
>
> The file is in ISO-8859-1, I believe that's the default for
> SpamAssassin, right?
>
> If everything is ok for the dev team, feel free to put the translation
> in the SVN.

Great, thanks!

Could you open a bug report about this, please?

(c=*++x); c&128 && (s+=h); if (!(h>>=1)||!t[s+h]){ putchar(t[s]);h=m;s=0;
}}}