spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. McGrail" <KMcGr...@PCCC.com>
Subject Re: Is this a bug? Content analysis details: (6.4 points, 6.5 required)
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:03:24 GMT
Correcting my own previous post...

 From my understanding of the code and the wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RoundingIssues, the score for an
email that is 6.4500000000 to 6.4999999999 with a threshold of 6.5 as
SpamAssassin reports should be score=6.4, required=6.5.  The old code
used to round to nearest 10th giving the message that X-Spam-Status: No,
score=6.5, required=6.5 was confusing so a special routine for rounding
when near the required score was implemented.

The PerMsgStatus.pm implements this special rounding so that it is
reported as score=6.4.

However, SpamD/C uses rounding to the 10th for the output of the first
line but then utilizes PerMsgStatus.pm for the report, etc.

Hence the lack of consistency with one part of the output saying
score=6.5 and another saying score=6.4.  They should have both relayed
the score as 6.4 for clarity as decided previously.

My patch implements logic with the same rounding in both places.

Regards,
KAM