spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From Yet Another Ninja <sa-l...@alexb.ch>
Subject Re: Other DNSBL's
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:23:39 GMT
On 10/19/2009 6:14 PM, Henrik Krohns wrote:
  >> But I don't understand how this is helpful or how this is an issue.
>
> Pointless to continue this then.

Warren,

unless I've misunderstood Henrik, what he wants to mildly point out that
the SA masscheck might not be the ideal place to test the rbl_du_jour.

iirc, the "normal" process has been:

- run local BL on mirror

- run private masschecks

- check for other user's rating/results on as many public sites as possible

- discuss on BL's own lists/forums

- suggest BL op it may be good for his/her exposure to be included in SA

- let BL OP request masscheck

- SA devs will make sure BL already has a good rating before including
every home grown BL pollute its scores.

- SA devs will make sure BL is prepared to put up with maccheck load AND
inclusion in SA adding a HUGE burden on BL.

- discuss on SA users/dev

- wait...

If the processes have changed, pls hit me with cluebat...

Axb