spamassassin-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hampton <m...@coders.co.uk>
Subject Re: Creating auto-generated rule sets.....
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:02:19 GMT
Hi

Latest version is now avaliable

>> http://www.coders.co.uk/80_sane.cf

I have expanded the support for clamav rule types so have increased the
base ruleset generated by about 40%.
> It might be worthwhile discarding rules that are less than a certain
> length, in characters.  That's another thing the "sought" ruleset does.
> it, again, reduces FPs nicely.

Which reduces it by 15%
> Also is there any way to get it to produce _more_ rules? that 80_sane.cf
> seems pretty short, compared to the 60k-rules input ;)   Sounds like
> 0.5% spam hits is too high a threshold, I think.

Have tweaked this to 0.1% and is this is the basis for the ruleset
avaliable above.

>> It isn't automatically updating at the moment and all of the scores are
>> set to 0.01

Still set to 0.01 - until I can work out a better scoring mechanism

> btw you can also safely drop the "require_version" line, that only makes
> sense as part of the SpamAssassin source tree.

Haven't done that yet!

matt